Every now and again it helps when you hear other peoples stories of liberty prosperity and the pursuit of happiness! Make you realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Or sometimes you can just get a good laugh. I've transformed this blog to not only include chronicles of MY drama filled 29.5 years of life but to also request stories of YOUR drama filled lives. So here's my story...I'm legally beautiful. Thanks for coming out God Bless and goodnight!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Drama Queen

As time goes by I'm feeling more and more comfortable in court. Today I was scheduled for a mini-trial in Bellflower. I call it "mini" because when one typically thinks of trial they think of a long drawn out process similar to the infamous OJ trial. But my session was going to take less than 2 hours, maybe even 1. But I was prepared to bombard the Defendant with question after question probing for inconsistencies. Literati Litigator in full force and effect, lol. For some reason though I can not escape DRAMA.

I was late to rise this morning because I turned in kind of late. Court wasn't until 10:00am so I didn't anticipate much traffic headed east. Who goes east anyway?!?! I'm a third of the way to Bellflower, right around the Compton area, and I realize that I forgot my damn shoes. I slipped on some shimmery slip-ons (hehe) and at one point had my heels in my hand but between grabbing my house-in-a-bag (a/k/a my purse), my legal bag and briefcase, the shoes got lost in translation! I momentarily considered the possibility that I would have to walk into court with a navy blue suit, bronze shirt and arguably house shoes. What on earth would the citizens of California represented in the Bellflower courthouse think of me? In the alternative I put the c230 kompressor to work and booked it northwest to get my damn shoes. Realizing that I had 35 minutes to get there and back I called for backup. Woke my brother up and asked if he could meet me near the freeway entrance with my damn shoes. Luckily he obliged and we made a clean exchange. Hopped back on the freeway taking penitentiary chances to make it to court on time. Being late is definitely frowned upon. I made it there at 9:01. Entered court and they weren't even ready for us. What's more, the Defendant was "recovering" from some illness and unavailable to sit for trial. Trial continued for 2 weeks. All that for nothing. Not to mention gas is an arm, a leg and a sock right now. $3.50 for a damn gallon of gas, Bush better go somewhere with all this madness.

Anywho like I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I'm feeling more comfortable and not easily intimidated by these know-it-all lawyers. All in due time I will be a force to be reckoned with. Believe that!

I add to MY THINGS TO DO LIST, always always have a pair of black pumps in the trunk. See ya never know!

No comments: